The TIC Instrument Controller provides compact control with a large, clear graphical display, an
intuitive user interface and serial communications. The supplied Windows™-based PC program
provides full remote setup, control and data logging functions via the RS232 interface.
Two TIC Instrument Controllers are available; the three head and six head versions can
accommodate 3 or 6 active gauges.
Features and Benefits
• TIC automatically recognises and controls active gauges including APG100 Pirani, convection, thermocouple, strain, inverted magnetron, wide range and active ion gauges. To enable complete integration into PC and PLC controlled processes, all TIC variants include RS232 and RS485 interface.
• TIC has six pressure related set-points, which operate open collector outputs rated at 24 V d.c. 50 mA. Using the optional relay boxes, these may be linked to 250 V a.c. changeover relays (dry non conductive atmosphere only) to provide a useful accessory control capability. All relay boxes include a logic bypass facility for further system integration.
• In most instances, TIC systems may be simply and quickly configured using the range of standard cables on offer, there is therefore no need for the customer to prepare loom assemblies or relay boxes and special interfaces.
• TIC includes lookup tables for a range of commonly encountered process gases (N2, He, Ar, CO2, Kr & Ne).
Selecting the appropriate gas enables direct readout of the correct pressure without the need to apply conversion factors.
• TIC is packaged in a compact case and may be panel or rack (¼ 19 inch rack 3U) mounted. With the addition of the bezel it becomes an attractive bench-top instrument. The large 128 x 64 pixel backlit graphics LCD and mobile phone style menu system simplifies programming and with a choice of summary screens excellent visibility of displayed parameters is assured.
• TIC will operate from mains supplies with voltages between 90 and 264 V a.c., and frequencies between 47 and 63 Hz. No user intervention being required.